We will have so much fun knitting this cardigan/ sweater.
Everybody is welcome to join us! Just send us a mail and we'll send you an invitation.

http://www.astridsdutchobsessions.com/

Click on this to find the pattern and a BIGGER picture:
http://www.garnstudio.com/lang/en/visoppskrift.php?d_nr=27&d_id=2&lang=en

Administrator: Jeanie Townsend
Moderator: Astrid

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Rose border knitted in



It's possible !!

It took me almost an hour per row, but I did manage to knit the rose border without duplicate stitches.
As you can see, I'm only half-way (of course I didn't expect it would really take that long) but at least we know now that it's possible. I don't carry any yarns along, nor hold any in my hand. I simply leave them all hanging and pick up stitch by stitch the yarn I need, that's why it's taking so long.....

4 comments:

Cindy M said...

WOW!! Your knitting is indescribably beautiful and even, Astrid. Thank you, thank you, for posting the picture. I guess leaving the ends hanging is the best method yet! And the blue is spectacular too. I appreciate all the tips, and I hope to be like you someday. :-)

Annie said...

It is so great to see that it is possible to knit with MULTIPLE colors! An hour a row is slow going, but the chart isn't THAT long. Your knitting is really lovely, Astrid. I agree with Cindy that the picture is so very helpful and inspirational. Thank you both!! I look forward to getting to the rose border this weekend. I'll look forward to hearing what you two are thinking about the rose border button band! Annie

Julie W said...

Astrid! That is wonderfully skilled knitting - it looks beautiful. I don't think I am going to rise to the challenge at all. Right now I am trying to design something else for those rows, probably more unisex as my son is taking an interest in this sweater. If anyone has any ideas I would be very grateful.

Julie

Astrid's Dutch Obsessions said...

Julie: This is another Garnstudio pattern, you can find charts here that I think your son will like as well and as the colors are alike, it will fit into our pattern as well.

http://www.garnstudio.com/lang/en/visoppskrift.php?d_nr=52&d_id=18&lang=us