We will have so much fun knitting this cardigan/ sweater.
Everybody is welcome to join us! Just send us a mail and we'll send you an invitation.

http://www.astridsdutchobsessions.com/

Click on this to find the pattern and a BIGGER picture:
http://www.garnstudio.com/lang/en/visoppskrift.php?d_nr=27&d_id=2&lang=en

Administrator: Jeanie Townsend
Moderator: Astrid

Monday, September 10, 2007

I've made a descision

I'm posting this picture of my first serious attempt at colour knitting because after much wavering I've decided to pull it out and start again, this time knitting a sweater. I hate passionately to do this as I usually loose heart and give up, especially when I haven't made any errors (yet) but as mentioned the bottom band is too tight and I was planning to pull it out and re knit a picot edge when the cardigan is finished. Last night I decided I would prefer a sweater so, sadly this one has to go. I'll be starting again on the "Official Start Day"

I love the yarn, it's lovely and springy and has a softness not often found in superwash wool.
Looking forward to seeing some knitting in the blue colourway.

2 comments:

Annie said...

Julie, you have my most sincere sympathies!!! So much work!! I've done the bottom band and a few rows of the pattern and I'm still quite unsure about my gauge so I may have to rip out, too. Thanks including the picture of your lovely but doomed project....Annie

Cindy Madden said...

Julie, Are you certain that the edge will not stretch enough? I have had the same doubts as you, and my knitting looks identical to yours, but mine truly stretches a great deal. An 8" section at rest when pulled strongly will go to 12" or more, and that is pulling both the front and the back sections together.

I will post a picture of mine sometime today.

Good luck as you soldier on! Your knitting looks (looked??) very goodl