We will have so much fun knitting this cardigan/ sweater.
Everybody is welcome to join us! Just send us a mail and we'll send you an invitation.

http://www.astridsdutchobsessions.com/

Click on this to find the pattern and a BIGGER picture:
http://www.garnstudio.com/lang/en/visoppskrift.php?d_nr=27&d_id=2&lang=en

Administrator: Jeanie Townsend
Moderator: Astrid

Monday, September 24, 2007

Duplicate Stitch Photos





Here are the closeups of the duplicate stitch I am doing. You can see the progression that occurs: I knit in the green areas, and then started the gold in duplicate stitch, and finally the completed band. It takes some time to get used to it, but I sort of like doing the embroidery on the sweater. It sure does look a whole lot better.

I am starting to think about the front bands, and what I should do with them. Maybe the duplicate stitch, but then again, maybe just gray with the row of red on the edge, as the neckband shows in the original design.

3 comments:

JeanTownsend said...

truly beautiful work. i am anxious to be on this part of the sweater. I am still doing the body and not to the underarm yet. i did finally get my new glasses this weekend. i am learning to use them and knitting away! you work is just gorgeous.

Got2Knit said...

Lovely work. This is a very good idea! It might be tedious, but the end result is really pretty! This is super for those who are a little afraid to use multiple colors on a row.

This is the great thing about a KAL, there are so many different ideas and always someone to help out when needed!

Annie said...

Your beautiful work is so inspiring, Cindy! I have talked with my handspinning guild friends and other fiberholics and no one has a good idea about knitting with multiple colors. I so appreciate your blazing the trail for us so that we can benefit from your successes and your travails! The photos are such a treat...and the duplicate stitching looks so lovely. Doing duplicate stitching on the front bands, though, seems awefully arduous to me....and there is so much going on with the other rose borders that I wonder about the necessity for it. Grey with a row of red sounds good to me. However, I'm not at that point, having only finished the big X's on M3. Thanks, Cindy...Annie