All that I have to say. I was going along great, when I had the brilliant idea of doing what somebody did and used a US 0 to pick up the bottom edge so I can knit it up together with the top. It took me a long time to pick up the stitches and then when I was ready to knit them together, I realized that all of the stitches that I picked up where in the cable part and none in the needle so I tried to move the needle in position but no way, the stitches were so tight that I could not do it, there was no way of doing it, so I have to ended up unraveling the entire hem, that by the way was not bad at all and the stitches that I picked up were so tight that I have to break the yarn little by little, carefully as not to cut the cable too. I already bent the needle trying to get the stitches on it.
So after cleaning up the mess (all the bit and pieces of the wool) I am writing this and taking a long break before I attempt to go back.
I am kind of puzzled now. I cast on 216 sts (10% of final) using US 2 on a 47 inches long needle so I could see that the final result was ok around my but and my gauge seem to have relaxed or who knows what, because in my mind if I add the other 24 sts needed and then switch to a US 6, I think it was going to be too big. When I did the swatch, there not seemed to be lot of difference between the 6 and 2, although I have to admit, I only knitted a few rows with the 2 after doing the 6.
I am just talking out loud here and see waht others have to say abut it.