We will have so much fun knitting this cardigan/ sweater.
Everybody is welcome to join us! Just send us a mail and we'll send you an invitation.

http://www.astridsdutchobsessions.com/

Click on this to find the pattern and a BIGGER picture:
http://www.garnstudio.com/lang/en/visoppskrift.php?d_nr=27&d_id=2&lang=en

Administrator: Jeanie Townsend
Moderator: Astrid

Monday, September 24, 2007

My Tension Problem and Solution

it seemed every row of the little lice/ white dots, my white/ natural wanted to be tighter than the gray. sort of giving me squinty small dots. Each 12 stitches is a repeat. Each of my repeats is seperated by a marker. I do one repeat as given, the next one , for one of the dots i do a yarn over, k1 with the white. that gave me the little bit of extra white yarn in the yarn over.
on the next row , all gray, i drop the yarn over, knit the white stitch with gray.
the dropped yarn-over loosens up my tight white yarn tension just enough. it does not show at all for my own tension. it gives me one yarn over worth of extra yarn every 24 stitches, not too much, just enough.

3 comments:

Aurita said...

Je4an

I had the same problem, that sounds like a brilliant solution, I will try it and see how it goes.
Aurita

Cindy Madden said...

Wow, what a great idea.... very clever. I look forward to seeing your progress.

Annie said...

How inventive knitters are! What a creative idea, Jean! In two handed knitting (Phil. Wool. style) the left hand yarn is the one carried under the other and it results in it popping out more in the knitting. This was worked out by minds much more analytical than mine, but I was happy to use the info. Thus, I've carried the white lice yarn in my left hand. Annie