We will have so much fun knitting this cardigan/ sweater.
Everybody is welcome to join us! Just send us a mail and we'll send you an invitation.

http://www.astridsdutchobsessions.com/

Click on this to find the pattern and a BIGGER picture:
http://www.garnstudio.com/lang/en/visoppskrift.php?d_nr=27&d_id=2&lang=en

Administrator: Jeanie Townsend
Moderator: Astrid

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Really Excited Now!

I'm so pleased we shall be starting this project soon. I have decided to definitely knit in the round after all. I found the book Annie mentioned: Alice Starmore's Book of Fair Isle Knitting and it indeed has excellent instructions for cutting and finishing steeks. I was going to buy this book from Amazon but at £154 I thought it probably not worth it. My mother who died two years ago was a wonderful Fair Isle knitter so I thought I would take a look through her boxed up craft library and there, almost at the top, was the book I was looking for. I don't think she even suspected that her books would become so valuable.

I have also drawn the charts in colour as I found the symbols rather confusing and counter intuitive. If it is allowed I am happy to email them as a PDF to anyone interested.

All I have to do now is finish decorating the kitchen and then I shall be able to start.

1 comment:

Annie said...

I'm so glad you were able to find the Starmore book, Julie...and that it was your mother's makes it a very special gift indeed! I would love to see your color coded charts. Annie